Terms & conditions
Salmon Lake Park & Resort
Entering Salmon Lake Park + Resort (SLPR), implies that you have read and agree to the Terms. Do not enter the property if you do not agree.
Salmon Lake Park + Resort is a privately owned campground and recreational vehicle park (as defined in Texas Penal Code 30.05 and Texas Water Code 13.087). Any person on the premises may be ejected from the park at any time for any reason without refund. At no time and in NO circumstance is a landlord/tenant relationship established with any guest. The following Terms and Use Agreement have been instituted to inform guests of the expectations of use of Salmon Lake Park + Resort. The guest agrees to the following:
I agree, and shall cause my children, invitees and guests, to abide by these terms and conditions, the Park Rules, including those rules and policies published at www.SalmonLakeResort.com, posted at the Premises or otherwise communicated in any manner by Salmon Lake Park & Resort (SLPR) Management.
As a participant in a recreation activity, I am responsible for acting within the limits of my ability and heeding all warnings regarding participation in the activity. I will maintain control of myself and any equipment while participating in the activity and will refrain from acting in any manner that may cause or contribute to injury to myself or to others.
I also agree and understand that there is NO lifeguard is on duty! SALMON LAKE AND ALL BODIES OF WATER CONTAINED WITHIN PARK BOUNDARIES ARE SWIM AT MY OWN RISK.
Salmon Lake is a spring fed, natural body of water that due to currents, weather events, wildlife and other events, can change from day to day. This includes but is not limited to changes in water depths, visibility, wildlife populations, etc. The lake bottom is not consistent, depth is unmarked and can drop off quickly from the sides and without warning. New swimmers and weak swimmers should wear life jackets.
I further understand and agree that SLPR does not give credit or refunds due to the discomforts of nature. SLPR’s refund policy varies, depending on the timing of the cancellation notice in advance of the reservation date, as follows:Cancellation Policy For Cabins, Meeting Halls and Pavilion Rental
Refund less $25 cancellation fee or full refund issued in Park credit valid for one year.
50% of Reservation issued in Park credit valid for one year.
8- 14 Days:
Full reservation deposit forfeited.
7 Days or Less:
Reservation deposit forfeited and remaining balance of the entire reservation will be charged to the guest.
Cancelation Policy For Campsites: 15+ Days:
Full refund issued in Park credit valid for one year.
50% of reservation issued in Park credit valid for one year.
7 Days or Less:
Reservation deposit forfeited and remaining balance of the entire reservation will be charged to the guest.
Cancellation Policy For Add-Ons: 8+ Days:
Refund less $10 cancellation fee issued in Park credit valid for one year.
7 Days or Less
Full reservation forfeited
Reservation Date Changes:
Changes to reservation arrival or departure dates made outside of the cancellation window (15+ days for Campsites and 30+ days for Cabin, Meeting Hall, and Pavilion Rentals) will result in a one-time courtesy change and every change made thereafter will be charged a $15 service fee.
Changes to reservation arrival or departure dates can be made inside the cancellation window provided that the change remains within the same cancellation window (when available) or when the change adds additional nights to the reservation.
No Show Policy:
Reservations will be held until check-out time on the day following the scheduled arrival. No shows will result in cancellation of the remaining reservation, full forfeiture of any funds received, and the remaining balance of the entire reservation will be charged to the guest.
Payment. Any outstanding reservation amount will be due upon arrival. All rental amounts should be received timely and without demand, deduction or offset, except as permitted by law. Payment will be accepted electronically, via Visa, MasterCard, Venmo/PayPal, ACH auto-drafts, checks or money orders. The is a $3 convenience fee for all credit/debit card charges. A charge of $30 (thirty dollars) will apply for every rejected payment plus the amount of any fees charged by any financial institution as a result of a dishonored payment, plus any applicable late fee charges. If leaves the property with unpaid expenses, SLPR reserves the right to immediately institute any and all legal avenues of collection including but not limited to: charging the designated payment method on file, seeking redress from a collection company, and any other avenue of recovery allowed by law.
No Refunds after check-in. We do NOT give refunds or credits for ANY reason including early departures, changes in reservation duration, or changes in employment or work status. Please be advised that there are no exceptions to this policy. If a guest is uncertain of the length of stay or the status of job/employment status, we suggest paying the daily or weekly rate. In the event an amenity (such as a meeting hall, pavilion, pier, swimming, slide, bathhouses, stage, train, etc.) is temporarily closed, out of service, undergoing repairs, or is no longer offered there will be NO refunds or credits for a guest’s reservation. The amount paid is for the cabin, RV site or storage being occupied.
I HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE AND COVENANT NOT TO SUE SALMON LAKE ENTERPRISES LP, d/b/a Salmon Lake Park & Resort, its partners, owners and/or agents (collectively, SLPR Management), from any and all liability to me, my children, my invitees/guests, personal representatives, and heirs for any loss or damage on account of injury to person (including death) or loss or damage to property relating to, or arising out of, use and occupancy of the Salmon Lake Park + Resort property, facilities, golf carts, amenities, lakes, ponds, play grounds, trains, structures (collectively, the Premises) and any dangers and hazards associated with acts of nature such as changing weather conditions; high winds; thunder and lightning; temperature fluctuations; falling trees; tree limbs, ice; or encounters with wildlife.
I HEREBY AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, SAVE AND HOLD HARMLESS SLPR Management, and each of them, from any loss, liability, damage or cost (including attorney fees) they may incur due to injury (including death), damage or loss of property relating to use of the Premises by me, my children, and/or my invitees/guests or due to any incidents that may occur during my stay. I understand that, although SLPR Management makes every reasonable effort to provide a secure environment, the security of my person, my belongings, and all persons registered in my party is my sole responsibility.
As a courtesy, our employees, if so requested, may assist with directing you to your designated campsite or rental unit. It is your sole responsibility to ensure that the site will accommodate your specific trailer/RV and that you will not hit any branches, bollards, trees, etc. when positioning your RV on the campsite. You agree to indemnify and hold SALMON LAKE ENTERPRISES LP, d/b/a Salmon Lake Park & Resort, its owners, partners, and agents (collectively, “SLPR Management”) harmless from any loss, liability, damage or cost (including attorney’s fees) that may result from an employee assisting or directing you onto a campsite. Furthermore, you release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue SLPR Management for any and all liability, loss, or property damage relating to an employee assisting/directing you to your site.
I understand that I am and remain personally liable to pay the total amount of my reservation prior to my scheduled check-in date, or at such earlier date communicated to me. If I fail to pay the total due, I agree that SLPR Management may charge any remaining balance (in additional to any damage charges or other amounts owed under these Terms and Conditions) to any credit or debit card on file with my reservation. Any amounts due after 30 days will be subject to the maximum late charge permitted under state law.
The Premises are privately owned and THE SALMON LAKE PARK MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE to anyone for any reason except for those prohibited by law. SLPR Management reserves the right to require any person or party it deems necessary, to leave the campground based on violations of Park Rules or behavior management deems inappropriate or disturbing to others. Harassment or mistreatment of our staff or other guests will not be tolerated under any circumstances. I have read this notice and agree to it as well as all Salmon Lake Park Rules and regulations. In addition, I understand that I am responsible for the actions of all persons registered in my party, including any children, and any guests that visit during my stay. On behalf of each person in my party, I grant Salmon Lake Park & Resort and its affiliated entities and promotional partners the right to include any photographic, video and other visual portrayals of each person in my party in any medium and for any purpose.
Additional Terms for Rental Units
I understand and agree as follows:
ABSOLUTELY NO GRILLS OR FLAME OF ANY KIND ARE ALLOWED ON THE DECKS, PORCHES, WOODEN STRUCTURES OR COVERED AREAS OF ANY CABIN OR BUILDING.
- At departure, the rental unit is to be left in a reasonably clean condition (broom swept), garbage is to be removed from the rental unit and placed in an outside dumpster, all kitchens and kitchenettes are to be left clean, all dishes are to be washed and put away, and the microwave, fridge, stove and countertops are to be wiped clean; otherwise, SLPR Management may charge my credit card with a $125 cleaning fee. I understand and agree that if I leave the rental unit in an unreasonably filthy condition, permit a pet to occupy a rental unit not designated as pet-friendly or smoke in a rental unit, SLPR Management may charge my credit card for the cost to professionally clean the rental unit ($250 minimum charge).
- All damages to the rental unit, whether caused by myself, my children, guests or pets, will be disclosed to the registration office immediately or at checkout. All damages occurring to the rental unit during my stay will be charged to my credit card after a thorough inspection has been made by SLPR Management. Damages for which I will be responsible include, but are not limited to: lost key(s), broken/lost AC remote controls, broken items, windows/glass, fixtures, discharged fire extinguishers (if not used for a fire), damaged/dented/bent appliances, furniture, tables, chairs, bed frames, cabinetry or dishes, writing on walls or bedding, and ripped or torn mattresses or covers.
Additional Terms for Campsites
I understand and agree as follows:
- Rates include 2 adult campers, additional adult (18+) campers have an additional fee of $5/day. Max site occupancy is 4 adults (18+) + 4 children. Check-in/check-out time is 2:00 PM. Please be considerate of incoming guests. If a delay is expected, please contact the office or manager on duty immediately for assistance. Late check outs may incur additional fees.
- Guests are responsible for cleaning all trash (including within fire rings) and belongings from the campsite prior to departure. Any cleanup required by SLPR staff will subject guests to additional fees. Any belongings left at the campsite will immediately be considered abandoned property and will be donated or disposed of by park staff and SLPR Management may charge my credit card with a $125 cleaning fee.
- Hammocks and Hammock camping is encouraged. Please use a minimum of 1 inch strapping when securing hammocks to trees.
- Water from RVs (including gray, black and sink water) must be disposed of in the sewer connection. Sewer gaskets/seals, along with a sewer hose “donut” or “L” connector are required. If there is a leak in a guest’s water hose – the water will be shut off to that site until the hose is repaired/replaced. Ensuring the correct water pressure for a guest’s specific RV and/or water appliance is the sole responsibility of the guest. SLPR is not responsible for damage incurred due to incorrect water pressure.
- SLPR reserves the right to change assigned/reserved sites at any time, including in the middle of an active reservation if it is deemed necessary by management due but not limited to: maintenance issues, incoming rallies or festival events, other circumstances affecting guest use and enjoyment of the park.
I hereby agree to the following regulations and conditions relating to pets while camping at Salmon Lake Park + Resort.
- Excluded Areas. I agree to keep my pets out of the following areas including, but not limited to, food and beverage areas and Salmon Lake.
- Excluded Pets. I agree that the Campground has the sole discretion to exclude pets. The basis for exclusion may include but is not limited to the following: breed-specific exclusions; animals exempt from state or local law vaccination requirements; are sick; are in heat; are aggressive, vicious, dangerous or potentially dangerous; require muzzling; or are easily frightened or sensitive, resulting in disruptive behavior (such as fighting or biting) in response to a stimulus.
- Supervision. I agree to keep my pets on a leash or in a carrier while in all public areas of the Campground. I further agree to have my pet with me or a designated individual at all times, and understand that I may not leave the pet unattended in the cabin or at the campsite. I agree to prevent noise or any other disturbance by my pet, in the interest of other guests at the Campground.
- Vaccinations. I represent and warrant that my pet is up to date on all vaccinations (including rabies and distemper) and flea treatments.
- Disturbances. I agree that, should my pet create any disturbances, which cause complaints to be made to the management by other guests or employees of the Campground, at the request of a Campground employee, I will immediately make arrangements to house my pet elsewhere outside the Campground. Additionally, I understand and agree that if I do not find alternative housing for my pet after being asked to do so, I will be asked to leave the Campground and will not be issued a refund.
- Assumption of Risk and Release. I understand that my permission to have my pet at the Campground with me is a privilege and not a contractual right. Such permission is expressly conditional upon my adherence to the terms of these rules and other rules in effect at any given time. I understand that the Campground may revoke such permission at any time for any reason. Additionally, I hereby assume all responsibility of risks, injury, damage, other harm that may occur while my pet is at the Campground or caused by my pet. Further, I hereby knowingly and voluntarily expressly release and discharge the Campground, its owner, its agents, its parent companies, members, managers, directors, officers and employees (“Released Parties”) from any and all claims, damages, liabilities, injuries, demands, or causes of action, both present and future, whether known, unknown, anticipated or unanticipated, that me or my guests or invitees may have against any of the Released Parties arising out of or incident to my dog’s presence in the Campground, whether arising from any act or omission, whether negligent or otherwise, of me, my dog and/or any guest or invitee. I further agree to indemnify each of the Released Parties for any and all such claims, damages, liabilities, injuries, demands, or causes of action, including costs, expenses, and attorney’s fees arising as a result of or related to the presence of the pet at the Campground. This provision shall be enforceable to the fullest extent of the law.
- Acknowledgment. By signing below, I acknowledge that I have read the foregoing Assumption of Risk & Release and fully understand its provisions and implications. My execution of this Release is entirely voluntary and intended to be binding on my heirs, executors, legal representatives and assigns.
I have read this Animal Waiver and understand it is my responsibility to abide by the Rules. I further understand that it is my responsibility to ensure that my guests and invitees also comply with the Rules. Failure to adhere to the policies and rules set forth herein may result in my removal from the Campground without a refund.
Covid 19 Statement:
In light of the global pandemic associated with COVID-19, everyone shares in the obligation to observe certain requirements and guidelines to help keep themselves and others safe within your shared community. In particular, I represent that I have not tested positive for COVID-19 within the last two weeks and I have not been in direct personal contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 within the last two weeks either. If I do test positive for COVID-19 or come into contact with someone who has, or if my temperature exceeds 100 degrees Fahrenheit and I experience other COVID-19-related symptoms, I agree that I will not seek to enter the resort/community until I am no longer symptomatic for three straight days. I agree to observe the safety requirements within the resort/community spaces — including occupancy limitations, social distancing and sanitization requirements.